Friday, January 8, 2010

What is your opinion of Beauty Contests?

http://www.missuniverse.com/What is your opinion of Beauty Contests?
I'm unsure - some are luckier than others to be good looking. It's a bit shallow. Entertaining, but shallow.


I think it represents a lot of what is wrong in society - women are valued for their looks, and paraded around as trophies. It's not something I'd personally want, for myself or my children. On the other hand, would I begrudge them the rewards if they won a competition? No.


If someone is giving away prizes for parading around in a bathing suit - well, it's easy money.


It's all hypocricy and you have to doubt the integrity of the sponsors.What is your opinion of Beauty Contests?
I was a judge once at one in college in a nightclub, The girl i thought should win was not liked by any of the other judges. For some reason I found they all went for the one girl who's dad was wealthy and owned the nightclub. I stuck to my guns and would not go along with them. Today I can tell you she is still a much nicer, friendly honest hardworking girl than the one that did win. Proved my point in saying she was the best one over the last two decades in fact. While the other one who did win is as much a snob today as she was in 1988.
I just got fed up of turning up and winning all the time, Jomamo, it stopped being ....you know.. a challenge I suppose.





*edit* No, I'm impressed for sure, devastated actually, I never managed to conquer that mecca of beauty that is ';prestatyn';
Even the contestants think it's a total waste of time.





I went out with a former miss uk back in 2001.


She now appears on mobile phone downloads.Says it all really..
So manufactured they're no longer beautiful, not in my opinion anyway.
I quite like them, despite how superficial and ridiculous they can be.
I think beauty comes from within but they're shallow enough to take peoples minds off more deeper things....:)
They got to be such a bore, a bit like big brother and other reality TV shows are now.
It is all down to boobs butt legs and make up.
I loved Miss world etc when they were on terrestrial TV.
Ms USA took a dive 2 years in a row!!





Someone oughta teach Americans to walk!!!





Good thing i'm not American!!





That's way cool Jomamo (how's that better?) xx
I like them.
i dont mind it if there got the looks flaunt it dont harm anyone well only the jelous types
I'm sure you'll win hands down with that lovely avatar! Miss universe doesn't stand a chance - she's taken her rollers out!
It keeps many insecure women happy for a few hours......
only ugly munters disapprove of them
there stupid along with reality shows

No comments:

Post a Comment