Sunday, April 25, 2010

Beauty pagents for a 21 month old but my husband says NO?

James and I have the most beutiful litle girl in the world Morgan. I wanted to enter her in a beauty pagent. But my her dad said no way no how. When I tried to talk to him aboutt it he just said that he was older and knew better that was the end of it. i'm 18 Hes 26 does he have the right to make that decision just like that or should I keep on what do I say to convince him.Beauty pagents for a 21 month old but my husband says NO?
Maybe instead of the two of you both insisting that you know what is right, you should compromise. For his to say ';I'm older and I know better'; is a ridiculous and immature thing to say to someone. That being said, I do think beauty pagents are a positive thing nowadays.





When I was a child I was in one, however all it involved was me putting on a pretty dress (NO MAKEUP) and walking around, during curtseys.





Today they typically plaster children in makeup, giving them negative body images from a young age. I think you should keep your child out of the pagents.





That being said, this your daughter and therefore your decision (as well as her father's.) Try to stop arguing and actually parent constructively.Beauty pagents for a 21 month old but my husband says NO?
No he does not have the right to make the decisions by himself. You are both Morgan's parents and the decision should be made together. You both have to talk about it and come to an agreement together. He may have a negative idea about pageants. So you should ask him what it is about them that he doesn't like and try to come to some form of agreement and understanding about it.
I understand how you feel and it does suck but I agree with your hubby's decision to say ';no';.





I myself am a mother of a 15 month old daughter and sorry, but SHE is the most beautiful girl in the world! :) Every where we go, people of all ages stop to talk to say hello and how gorgeous she is.





Have you seen the show ';Toddlers and Tiaras';? Do you really want to prance your baby around in make-up and dainty dresses, showing off her little tush. That's basically what it is. And it gets worse as they get older. I find it demeaning and very sad that the mothers on the show are so oblivious to the insanity.





Then there's the Miss America Pageant... for goodness sake, some of the women are still tap dancing. That's not talent! That's desperation!





Please, do your daughter a favor and put her in play groups, music lessons and sports, and let her use her looks as an positive attribute to the already perfect person that she is!!
He doesn't have the right to control the whole situation. Regardless of age, marriage is a team and you're both involved.





Aside from that, if you're thinking of entering beauty pageants, make sure you've done your homework. What those large pageants do to little girls is wrong. You have to dress them sexy and put a ton of make-up on them. It creeps me out when I see those little girls in a pageant.





My advice would be to make her a model. She could be in ads. Maybe make some money to start a college fund. Or....just take pictures yourself and enjoy the fact that you have a beautiful little girl!





Good luck!
Why do you want to enter her? Think about it honestly...dance and drama classes might be better..they will give her the same confidence but without the competative edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment