Tuesday, December 22, 2009

How do blind people experience beauty? What are those experiences guided by?

hi....


blind can feel the beauty of heart .... by how they reach the blind... the touch they feel.... i think that is the only source...How do blind people experience beauty? What are those experiences guided by?
I was a personal assistant for a blind lady for over 8 years, and the way she experienced beauty was through her other senses. Touch like comparing fine lace or silk with textures that are rough and grainy like sand paper or concrete. She had a very acute sense of smell. Flowers especially soft ones like rose petals had the added plus of touch and smell cause they smell beautiful and feel beautiful . Then there is the beauty of sweet music as the sound floats through the air.


Finally her sense of taste,she would say there was nothing as lovely as my banana pudding. she was a sweet person and I will always miss her.How do blind people experience beauty? What are those experiences guided by?
When one loses a sense, the other senses become somewhat extra perceptive. That's what happens to the blind. Their experiences are guided by their other senses, that actually make up for the loss/ weakness of the sense of sight. They can hear more than what is told (..like ..reading in between lines), smell more efficiently, because they are not distracted by the external appearance(sight) of the object; and perceive touch more intensely. The blind 'see' the inner beauty of people and things, whereas the sighted focus all their attention on the outer beauty.
How is it that the world who sees takes up matters ';blindly'; because they are right and they want to see that what they do is always right!are the ones that sees the ugly side of things?


Just the same way the blind never even know the use of the eye, but they have the other functions that leads them and they are determined to see the brighter side of the dark reality. Sheer determination and with earnestness to ';see'; with their own ';eyes'; of understanding and knowledge.
True beauty doesn't always come from our sight. It comes from what we learn, things people say that stick out in our mind, things people do. It also comes from taste, from smells, from sounds and from touch.





Those who have no sight find their other senses much stronger. And, because they can't see, maybe they even appreciate new forms of beauty that those with sight just can't.
Being a blind person myself as well, I'd have to say that beauty, as cliche as it sounds, is on the inside. I was always fairly judgemental about people based on the clothes they wore, the visible piercings they had or the kind of hair cut they had. And no, I am not at all proud to admit that. Since I've lost my sight, I haven't had that problem of prejudging people based on looks. And I really have come to appreciate that a ton. there are so many people out there who might not dress the way I like to dress, but i've found that dress doesn't matter. I have been able to get to know people without the annoyance of visual biases and discriminatory means. And wouldn't you know. Some of my closest friends are some of the people I wouldn't have given a chance if I had seen them when we first met. I think vision is the root of all evil, lol. Well, maybe not, but anything that's used too much, at the expense of other senses, can turn into a kind of bad thing if you let it.
god give us eyes to see the beauty of nature but some peoples are blind but god does not do parslity he gave then special ablity which we dont have .in my knowlege i have a friend who cant see but he see all things that wee see with our eyes he know clearly what it is or how it look like


a movement lost all of second but the memory lives forever .


hope u know what i say u.
Well, I'm losing my eyesight because of a retinal degenerative condition. I think I'm somewhat qualified to answer this, heh.





There is beauty in sound. There is beauty in smell. Beauty is not just limited to the visual.
Its all about touch, the most beautiful things to me are the ones that are felt.
HEART.... god when misses something... adds something else....
By the shape they can feel.
I don't know, you tell me.
how do i?





death.
love

No comments:

Post a Comment